Saturday, June 9, 2012

Usvit

hello from bratislava!
i randomly had to come here today to renew my visa which expires soon, so elder macneish and i are taking care of our normal p day activities here before we catch the train back to banska this afternoon. we had another wonderful week this week. we were able to attend a wonderful specialized training in zilina. after our training i was able to have an interview with president irwin, something which has become one of my favorite things in the entire world. we had a good chat. the first thing he asked me was: "how long have you been in banska bystrica?" looking at the date written in my planner i realized that it has been over seven months since i hopped on the train with elder bacon and rode into banska. both president irwin and i were surprised that it had been so long. as the conversation went on president went on to tell me that it would be a good idea to get everything in order (plans, paperwork, etc.) because fairly soon somebody else may have to blind into my position here in banska. i certainly won't tell you about everything that happened in our interview, but i wanted to tell you all of that so that you can know where my mind has been ever since then: i actually have to leave banska bystrica. i knew that it was going to happen someday, but now things have all of a sudden become much more real. i have loved serving in this city so much. i don't think i have ever learned more in a period of 7 months. banska bystrica (and in particular the banska and zvolen units) own a huge chunk of my heart, and i want nothing more than to give them the best that i have. i have tried to do just that over the last months, and know my time is running low. my time in banska is coming to a twilight (usvit), and i want to leave it all on the floor as we say in basketball. i am pleased with my service so far but just as in music in missionary work i sure do love a good finale. tak do toho!

maj'te sa
sam

1 comment:

  1. Sam!! I hope you're doing well!and for the sounds of things you definitely re! Proud of you buddy! Just wanted to drop a line real quick and say hi! And let you know I got married!! Blake and I got married just a couple months ago on April 13th! Anyway, I hope everything is going great for you, keep working hard!

    Sherie Bedke (Millward)

    ReplyDelete