Monday, June 18, 2012

hudba

that is the slovak word for music. my mission so far has given me a lot of wonderful opportunities to share and develop my musical talents. i really think the Lord has blessed me for my missionary service in the form of helping me develop my musical talents further. i think i'm probably a better singer than i was when i left even though i don't sing nearly as much as i did when i was living in logan. i've also become a much better piano player (i have had to play the piano at sacrament meeting A LOT), and by virtue of serving with elder  macneish for two transfers, i have even learned how to play a good amount of chords on the guitar. it's wonderful. there has been, however, one downfall to serving in banska. we have a really small district of only four people and i'm the person who has always had to run sacrament meeting. so, i haven't had nearly as many musical numbers in sacrament meeting here as i have in my other areas. i always thought that the missionaries should all do a quartet in sacrament meeting, but we have never really had a district of four  strong singers--never, that is, until now. elder tenney has quite a nice voice, so yesterday i had my first sacrament meeting musical number in quite a while. the four of us sang "o Boze my ti dakujeme" (we thank thee, o God, for a prophet). it went really well, and everyone really enjoyed it. the rest of sacrament meeting was great too, in both banska and zvolen. sunday, once again proved to be the best day of the week.
 
maj'te sa!
sam

No comments:

Post a Comment